Where can I get a Lao visa on arrival?
The Lao visas on arrival are available at:
- Lao international airports in Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Pakse and Savannakhet,
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridges in Vientiane, Thakaek, and Savannakhet, and
- Tha Naleng train station in Vientiane, and
- International land border crossing points.
If you intend to enter Laos as a tourist, this is the most convenient way to get your Lao visa. Just make sure you have a valid passport and plan to arrive at one of the Lao international ports of entry where visas on arrival are issued.
Who CANNOT get Laos Visas on Arrival?
Effective from 15 October, 2009, travelers holding passports from the following countries are not eligible for Laos Visas on Arrival.
(application for a tourist visa on arrival)
- Your original passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity and a blank page for a visa stamp
- A Visa application form, filled and signed by the applicant (available at visa booth at Lao ports of entry or download it here (in the box).
- Two(2) recent passport-type photographs.
- Visa fee (cash)
Lao Visa Exemption
Lao visas are not required for nationals of Japan, Korea, Russia, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Brazil (Deplomatic, official or service passports), most ASEAN member countries, elderly aged over 65 and children under 15 years of age.
Visa on Arrival Fee
Below is a list of visa fee for different countries. If your country is not on the list, it probably costs you $US30 to get the visa or you're not eligible for getting Laos visa on arrival.
|Country||Price (US Dollar)|